What you're saying makes sense. Especially in light of our Mimix
environment. This didn't start happening until we installed Mimix.
However, this is how we now start on our production machine.
end the main interface so that no one gets to it while switching over to
backup.
change the main interface to not start automatically at ipl time.
ipl main box
start tcp, etc - do NOT start 'main' interface
Start domino servers on their various interfaces, etc
run mimix process to bring everything in sync.
as part of mimix switch back, start the 'main' interface

We really do not want to wait to start the domino interfaces until after
the main. We start our domino servers up to a day prior to switching back
to the main server. If that really just baffles the snot out of you I can
go into more details.

I wonder if we need to bounce a number of tcp/ip functions after the main
interface gets started.
One other strange thing is that 10 out of 11 of our domino servers are an
interface number lower than our i5/os interface. And, the interface that
ftp bound to was not the lowest of these domino servers, but the second to
the lowest.

So I wonder why:
1 - This wasn't a problem pre mimix when it could have easily bound to a
domino interface, if it binds in order of sequence number.
2 - Why it picked a domino server not on the high, or low, end.

Another thought. QSTRUP was pretty unmodified prior to mimix. Mimix
consultant installed his own. Nothing glaringly obvious as to what may be
different.