Thanks Vern,

The redpiece was very helpful. I hadn't thought of the db monitor before.
Lots of good stuff there. This will be VERY helpful to us. I gave it a
try, and the only drawbacks that I see are:

1) the host variables are not plugged into the statement. (You have to scan
the statement for occurrences of a capital 'H', and use values in the
subsequent field to substitute for the 'H'.) This is a minor quibble; we
just need to ensure we never use a standalone 'H' in a real query.

2) the SQL statements are truncated after the first 1000 characters; we have
several that exceed that. It *appears* that they are continued in the next
record, but if this is the case, there is definitely a missing gap. I'll
dig into this a bit more to see if the redpiece has anything else that can
help me there.

Thanks,
Dan