The Foundation awards two [2] types of scholarships. For students majoring in I.T., there is a scholarship ($1,000 currently) to help pay for college tuition. For instructors/teachers there is a scholarship to pay for their conference registration fee, plus a VMS that also pays for hotel and, I think, travel. So keep the two separate.

There used to be a reduced student conference fee. This required certification (pre-registration) from the students college and/or dean. There was never much of a "buzz" about this so I don't know if it still exists; the last time I know that it was used was at the Denver conference a few years ago. It would be worth contacting COMMON headquarters to ask about it. Cherese Morgan would be the person to talk to.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

William A. Hansen wrote:
Susan,

COMMON is not cheap. But there is a COMMON Education Foundation that awards
scholarships to students like you. Check our www.common.org. Let me know if
you need a member sponsorship.
William A. Hansen
Manta Technologies Inc.