From: Ron-Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Personally, as I've read this thread, I have lost some respect for Joe and
his attitude about this. I would have thought that someone of Joe's
stature in our community would not be so negative about this.

Ron, my original comment was intended for private consumption. I had no
public say on the matter, and it was unfortunate that my private opinion was
publicly aired. I IMMEDIATELY apologized for any part of the comment that
could even inadvertently diminish Trevor's contributions.

However, since the comment was out there in the public space, I thought I
ought to explain my opinion. Although my comment was private, I stand
behind what I said (and in fact, I wish more people were willing to say in
public what they say in private). It is my opinion that the committee made
a wrong choice, and I explained why.

That being said, I think it's sad that I can't express an honest opinion
without a response like yours. Democracy is built on debate and the
exchange of ideas and the conflict of opinions. The fact that nobody
bothers to say what they mean anymore is behind a whole lot of society's
ills, and I feel no shame for having an opinion, regardless of whether it
matches the mainstream or is politically correct. And I don't consider it
negative to disagree; I think there's a difference between simply cutting
down someone's opinion and offering your own differing opinion, which is
what I did.

You've lost respect for me? I'm sorry about that. But if expressing my
opinion loses your respect, then I have a funny feeling you wouldn't respect
me in the morning anyway <smile>.

Joe