To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: jobs in the system count

Hey, but wasn't it cool that iNav helped you peg that right away?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

rob@xxxxxxxxx
04/30/2007 01:04 PM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: jobs in the system count

My "guess" is that a cold start IPL is a
pwrdwnsys *immed restart(*NO)
With emphasis on the restart(*NO).
Followed by a push the button start.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/30/2007 12:37 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: jobs in the system count

The iNav view showing me many interactive jobs in status "ended" with no
job
log - detailed status = 'Ended - Device Error' - going back over a year.
Same also for many writer jobs that ended abnormal.
All have no job log, and in the Job Log tab and then click "job log", they

show 'CPF2443 Job log not displayed or listed because job has ended'.

Only problem is it still lists in Jobs In the System....

The DSPJOBTBL cmd confirms this.
So what happens when an ending job is supposed to produce a job log, but
the job ends before job log produced??? Looks like it's stuck in the job
table.

Reading the doc Primer on Work Control Block Tables
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/990f4112f46be48b86256b1e0073fabe?OpenDocument

is helpful, but did not understand the reference to a cold start ipl that
rebuilds the job table.
I do see on ipl attributes the option to Clear Incomplete Job Logs.
Will set that and ipl overnight and check this tomorrow.
Did a 5 minute scan of ptfs and didn't see anything that clearly resolves
this,
but perhaps this ipl attribute is the fix?
jim franz

----- Original Message ----- From: <rob@xxxxxxxxx>