I don't think the domain makes a difference. I'd start pinging up the chain and see where you can no longer get a reply.

I don't believe that you have to restart the TCP/IP stack to get things working.

What is the IP address of the i5 and how is it subnetted?

Pete Helgren

Brian Piotrowski wrote:
Hi Rob,

Yup, according to the documents you gave me, everything appears to be in
order. Most of the steps had already been performed, so I'm starting in
the middle of the steps. According to the docs, it says:

Configure a route:
done - *DFTROUTE *NONE Next Hop: 192.168.0.2 (our L3 switch)

Define local domain and host names:
done - however, there is one question - in the "domain name" setting, we
have it set to "SPS.COM". However, our true domain name is
"simcoeparts.com". The domain name server IP is pointing to our Windows
Domain Controller (192.168.0.23). Will this dissimilar domain name info
make a difference? If I change it to "simcoeparts.com" will it affect
the live system?

Define a host table:
Done. I have added in our HA software provider's IP address and host
name.

So I guess my only questions are:
1) Is the difference in the domain names a problem?
2) Do I need to stop and start TCP for the changes to take effect?

Thanks!

/b;