To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 11:46 AM
Subject: Printing problems with Host Transform

I have started using Host Transform to print barcoded documents at an
outsource site. They have a Sharp AR-350 copier with a network card. I am
VPN'ing into their network to print orders on their printer, and I am
getting the barcodes OK, but for some reason the standard printing is not
lining up correctly. Here's how I have it defined:

Device description . . . . . . . . : PRT70
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *BASIC
Category of device . . . . . . . . : *PRT

Device class . . . . . . . . . . . : *LAN
Device type . . . . . . . . . . . : 3812
Device model . . . . . . . . . . . : 1
LAN attachment . . . . . . . . . . : *IP
Port number . . . . . . . . . . . : 9100
Physical attachment . . . . . . . : *DIRECT
Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . . : *YES
Font:
Identifier . . . . . . . . . . . : 011
Point size . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0
Form feed . . . . . . . . . . . . : *AUTOCUT
Separator drawer . . . . . . . . . : *FILE

Host print transform . . . . . . . : *YES
Manufacturer type and model . . . : *HPII
Paper source 1 . . . . . . . . . . : *LETTER
Paper source 2 . . . . . . . . . . : *LETTER
Envelope source . . . . . . . . . : *NUMBER10
ASCII code page 899 support . . . : *NO
Image configuration . . . . . . . : *NONE
Character identifier . . . . . . . : *SYSVAL

Workstation customizing object . . : *NONE
User-defined object . . . . . . . : NETWRKPRT
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . : *LIBL
Object type . . . . . . . . . . : *PSFCFG
Data transform program . . . . . . : *NONE
System driver program . . . . . . : *IBMSNMPDRV

What happens is that the 2nd field starts printing on top of the 1st
field's next to last position, and this repeats across the page. Makes it
hard to read! If I move the print job to a local printer, it works fine.
I've tried changing the Manufacturer type and model to *HPIII, *HP4, and
*HP5, identical results.

Help?

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader