If I run an interactive QRY a status message appears on Line 24 showing
me how many records have been processed.

I would like to replicate this technique when performing a routine to
show the user how far it has progressed.

I have a simple CL procedure (for example) which copies a file using the
CPYF command - how can I display a message showing the progress of the
copy ?

It seems I'm either copying the file or displaying a message but not
both at the same time in the one piece of CL. Maybe I can put the CPY
into a SBMJOB and continue to monitor the file being created and output
an appropriate status message until the submitted job has completed -
but is this the technique used by QRY and other routines?. There is
probably a neater method !

Any tips gratefully received

Regards,

Chris Chambers