Loyd,

You need to specify ALWREPCHG(*YES) to the ADDPFTRG command.

-mark

I added a before update trigger to a file, calling my program. When
running in debug with UPDPROD(*YES), I can see and verify the after
image buffer is updated in the program. However, the changes are not
flowing to the file. No errors in processing, the calling program
(WRKDBF), or the job log. I changed the program owner to match the file.
It's as if the after image buffer is ignored. This is a DDS-defined file
with no null values.

OR_TXANT2 OF ORRECORD = 'BLAH2345 '

OR_TXWUVA OF ORRECORD = 00000000000.00

NW_TXANT2 OF NWRECORD = 'B '

NW_TXWUVA OF NWRECORD = 00000000058.68

I've used this trigger template program many times in the past without
incident, and just don't see what's different here. The trigger template
is from Pete Hall's web site (down now?).

===> ADDPFTRG FILE(VNGDBDTA/DBTXREP) TRGTIME(*BEFORE) TRGEVENT(*UPDATE)
PGM(LG/TRGEDBTX)

Trigger QSYS_TRIG_VNGDBDTA___DBTXREP____000001 in library VNGDBDTA was
added to file DBTXREP in library VNGDBDTA.

Trigger added to physical file.

The program:

h usrprf(*owner)

h dftactgrp(*no) actgrp(*caller)

fdblurel1 if e k disk usropn

d Buffer ds 32767

d PFName 10

d PFLibrary 10

d PFMember 10

d TrgEvent 1

d TrgTime 1

d TrgCmtLvl 1

d 3

d TrgCCSID 7b 0

d 8

d OrOffset 7b 0

d OrRcdLen 7b 0

d OrNBMapOfs 7b 0

d OrBNMapLen 7b 0

d NwOffset 7b 0

d NwRcdLen 7b 0

d NwNBMapOfs 7b 0

d NwNBMapLen 7b 0

d DataSpace 1 32767

d Bytes 1 overlay(dataspace) dim(32767)

d BufferLen s 7b 0

d @OrRecord s * inz(*null)

d OrRecord e ds extname(dbtxrep) prefix(OR_)

d based(@OrRecord)

d @NwRecord s * inz(*null)

d NwRecord e ds extname(dbtxrep) prefix(NW_)

d based(@NwRecord)

d TE_INSERT c '1'

d TE_DELETE c '2'

d TE_UPDATE c '3'

c *entry plist

c parm Buffer

c parm BufferLen

/free

// Assign record templates to their data space.

@orrecord = %addr(bytes(oroffset+1));

@nwrecord = %addr(bytes(nwoffset+1));

// Execute the correct procedure based on the trigger event.

select;

when trgevent = TE_INSERT;

exsr DoInsert;

when trgevent = TE_UPDATE;

exsr DoUpdate;

when trgevent = TE_DELETE;

exsr DoDelete;

endsl;

*inlr = *on;

return;

begsr DoDelete;

endsr;

begsr DoInsert;

// Restrict to work order charges with employee hours.

if nw_txz4c3 = 'PRDACT' // Transaction type.

and nw_txesst = 'L' // Cost category.

and nw_txp5t2 = 'A12345678' // Item number.

and nw_txavt2 <> *blanks // Employee number available.

and nw_txwuva = 0; // No cost for this work order.

if %open(dblurel1);

close dblurel1;

endif;

open dblurel1;

chain(n) (nw_txazcd:nw_txavt2) @lureje;

if %found;

// Work order hours * employee rate.

nw_txwuva = nw_txqan2 * luxbnb; // Employee's rate.

else;

nw_txwuva = nw_txqan2 * 15.00; // Default rate.

endif;

close dblurel1;

endif;

endsr;