I have just started a new job with an ISV. Our software usually fits 1-20
users - this is the T(iny) in SMB, somewhat smaller than Scott is looking
for. The prices of the 520s were always questioned in the sales process. The
cost of a new configured 515 Express fits much much better into our customer
base. For us, this is a great move!

Just a note, with 5 users, the config we use runs around $10K - with 10
users, it is just around $12K. The latter was the number used by Jim Herring
in last week's Fireside chat after adding "users, disk and memory".

And, as a small development shop using a 520 Express edition, we can now
look at a couple of 515 models so we can have one for development and one
for production.

From my perspective, I know this price does not get a System i into every
small developer's basement. It does seem to be small enough to afford at the
50% discount that Richard mentioned - if you can solve the "partner" issue.
Or, it could now be that 2 or 3 developers could pool their resources and
afford something that would give them relatively large amounts of System i
capacity?