Remember the problem you are trying to solve: Appeasing your auditors by
removing the server from the one net. Therefore, setting up two IP
addresses and using both will not solve the problem. At best, it might
work as a phase in. I'll go into more detail...
First of all, let's look at your current interface(s).
CFGTCP
1. Work with TCP/IP interfaces
Note: Line description, whether or not it is started, etc. You may
already be using multiple IP addresses. I have a dozen or more using one
line description. Reason being that each domino server has it's own IP
address.
(Excuse me if I ramble a little here...)
I too, have the concern that others noted about two different subnets
using the same line. but I think I did that. We started out using 198...
addresses in our youth and ignorance and then moved to 10.... ip addresses
for internal use. Quite something when you try to use an IP address for
intenal web serving to find out that it's used externally by something
that you wouldn't want your mother to know you visited.
Anyway, you can add your new IP address here, and then start the
interface.
You may, or may not, add this new IP address to "10. Work with TCP/IP host
table entries". I only do so for documentation purposes.
Now, once you start up this new IP address and then change your DNS to
point to this new IP address, stuff should start getting routed to there.
If you are using both IP addresses as a "phase in" then you can use
NETSTAT *CNN
F13=Sort by column, Local Address
Then F11 until it shows Local Address.
Page down until you find the old Local Address. Look at the remote
address. Beat it into submission to start using the new address.
Now, if your i5 IS the DNS then you will have to change all of your
clients to use that new IP address. Often people have two, or more, DNS.
You can see the IP addresses of your DNS that your i5 addresses by
CFGTCP
12. Change TCP/IP domain information
It's down at the bottom.
This makes failover nice, and, if you change DNS addresses you can change
one on week 1 and the other later. Yes, this causes you to touch the
clients twice. But changing both at once can leave scars; trust me. Your
PC's and other clients also support using multiple DNS. Your network guru
should know this and where to change it.
It sounds like you will be moving your other servers to this new subnet so
you probably are changing your DNS.

You should not have to IPL. However, I did have to on one LPAR when they
played their freaking readdress the DNS to make it prettier game. I know
of one other lister who had the same issue. But, I think it was a Domino
issue for both. Surprising that bouncing the domino server and not the
whole lpar didn't fix it.