From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sharon Wintermute
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:52 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: IP Address change on iSeries

Debbie,

You can create new line descriptions and setup the interface without a
problem.
I would make sure that the new line is ONLINE(*NO) until you are ready to
use it.
You can use the same resource as the current line so you can simply "switch"
lines when you are ready to go. This also allows for fallback if you find a
problem.

I would check your startup routine to see how it is starting tcp.

Possible gotchas?

Since you are moving 2 other servers, is either of them DNS servers? If
possible remove any hardcoded DNS names with CHGTCPDMN so you won't have
future problems with your DNS servers changing IP.

You should use Option 10 on the CFGTCP menu and be sure to add your new IP
there with both the APPN.SNA.IBM.COM name and your network name.

If you need help, don't hesitate to contact me off-list.

Sharon Wintermute