Hi Dave,

In addition to the missing semicolons already mentioned, you should know that RUNSQLSTM produces a spool file which has error messages at the bottom; that's the first place to look.

Another thing that's useful is the default collection parm (DFTRDBCOL), which acts something like the current library for duration of the command. You could specify DPWORK3 on this parm so you don't have to hard code it in the source member.

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I've created files a few times before using SQL instead of DDS. I'm working on a project now where I decided to put the SQL inside of a source member and use RUNSQLSTM to execute it. The problem is I get a "RUNSQLSTM command failed" message with no further detail in the job log. I'm trying to put multiple statements in the same member. Is that a problem? The execute just fine when I do them individually in STRSQL.

This is what the source member looks like:
CREATE TABLE DPWORK3/POLEFL (
PLCOMP Char (2) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
PLFROUTQ Char (10) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
PLFRLIB Char (10) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
PLTOOUTQ Char (10) NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
PLTOLIB Char (10) NOT NULL With Default,
PLTOUSERID Char (10) Not Null With Default,
PLACTION Char (1) Not Null With Default)

LABEL ON COLUMN DPWORK3/POLEFL (
PLCOMP is 'Company',
PLFROUTQ is 'From OUTQ',
PLFRLIB is 'From Library',
PLTOOUTQ is 'To OUTQ',
PLTOLIB is 'To Library',
PLTOUSERID is 'To User-ID',
PLACTION is 'Action')

LABEL ON COLUMN DPWORK3/POLEFL (
PLCOMP Text is 'Company',
PLFROUTQ Text is 'From Output Queue',
PLFRLIB Text is 'From Library',
PLTOOUTQ Text is 'To Output Queue',
PLTOLIB Text is 'To Library',
PLTOUSERID Text is 'To User-ID',
PLACTION Text is 'Action: Move, Send, Both')

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dave Parnin