From: midrange-l-bounces+debbiekelemen=hotmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+debbiekelemen=hotmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of DebbieKelemen
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 4:08 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: data retention and encryption ala tjmaxx

We are currently in the process of going through the evaluation process. We
have hired an outside firm to assist us. We are also going through and
writing a whole series of policies which we have to start following. (I
should know I have been right in the middle of all of this.)

Luckily our software is already PCI compliant, except for the software we
use in the retail store and it is currently in the process of being
validated by the vendor. It all uses encryption to store the data.

The are a lot of rules to follow. But I know I wouldn't want to be in the
shoes of the folks at TJ Max for anything right now.

Debbie Kelemen

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

(719) 272-2617

email: <mailto:dkelemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dkelemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx