You answered the question & I don't like the answer, but that's life/400.
The file that the query is accessivng native, or via CL, neither file name shows up in the REF.

We also do substitutions in CL for the files specified in some RPG.
e.g. Some logical only accesses a sub-set of the data, in a particular sequence, for some program that can be run for different sub-sets. I do this when the file is huge relative to the # records that need to be accessed. So if someone looking at a REF of only the RPG, they not getting the whole story.

Also some specificity, like which member affected, not show up in the REF.

Vern wrote
Good question - I sought an answer!!

Created a query called VERN/TEST that had file VERN/JOBLOG in the definition.

Created this program VERN/TESTRUNQRY

PGM

RUNQRY     QRY(VERN/TEST)
RUNQRY     QRY(VERN/TEST) QRYFILE((VHCURLIB/JOBLOG2))

ENDPGM

Ran DSPPGMREF and got the following:

    3/16/07               Display Program References
DSPPGMREF Command Input
   Program . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   TESTRUNQRY
     Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     VERN
   Output  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *
   Object types  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *PGM
Program . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   TESTRUNQRY
   Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     VERN
   Text 'description'. . . . . . . . . . . . . :
   Number of objects referenced  . . . . . . . :         4
   Object  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     *RUNOPT
     Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :       *RUNOPT
     Object type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :       *FILE
     File name in program  . . . . . . . . . . :       *RUNOPT
     File usage  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :       Output

plus 3 references to IBM service programs.

FYI
Vern

Al Mac wrote:

>If a RUNQRY is in a CL, then shouldn't that compiled CL show up in the GO
>CMDREF?
>
>Substitution variables can be used all over the place, what I call
>soft coding.
>
> >One problem with QRYDFNs is that RUNQRY can be set to point to files
> >that are completely different from those in the definition - of
> >course, the company that I saw doing this was IBM itself, in iDoctor.

<snip>