WHERE  WOULD I CHANGE COMMITMENT CONTROL? I did not see any options for that?
Never had to deal with it before.
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Elvis Budimlic
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:11 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: ODBC Connection Error - "[IBM][iSeries Access
ODBCDriver][DB2UDB]SQL7008 - "FedV0001" in QGPL not valid foroperation.
(#-7008)"

Finally a person whose morning starts when mine does :)

This message almost always indicates that your connection is using commitment
control other than *NONE and your file is not being journaled.
Easy solution is to ensure your connection is not using commitment control or
change your SQL statement and append WITH NC to it.

Alternative is to journal the file, but that is usually more work the
workarounds I mentioned.

Elvis

Celebrating 10-Years of SQL Performance Excellence