From: midrange-l-bounces+rallen=drvtech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+rallen=drvtech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Attempting to map a drive from home to AS/400
IFS directory

Allen

At another job we got a LinkSys VPN router - it could handle
up to 70
connections, if I recall correctly. Setup on the router was
pretty
easy. It went inside our DSL modem, and we had a block of
fixed IP
addresses. There were extensive step-by-step instructions
for setting
up a client - no additional software needed - it involved
security
profiles or something -

It was also possible to get a VPN router for home use that
worked
automagically with the one at work.

But CISCO owns LinkSys now, so who knows what is happening
there.

HTH
VErn