Dave,

From the V5R3 Memo to Users
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/PSP%20Number%20View/SF98086 :

Prior to V5R3, the Open List APIs were part of the Host Servers option

(option 12).

In V5R3, these APIs are part of base operating system (option 0) and are

located in library QSYS instead of library QGY.

For V5R3, Open List router programs that are in library QGY will

transfer control to the corresponding API in QSYS.

These router programs and the library QGY will be removed in a future

release. You should change any applications that make library-qualified

calls to the Open List APIs in library QGY to call the APIs in library

QSYS. The parameters for these APIs did not change in V5R3.

So starting with V5R3 the QGY* APIs will be found in QSYS, and in prior
releases they were in QGY.
For compatibility reasons IBM supplies a version of the QGY* APIs in QGY
for V5R3, but all that
these *PGMs do is route your API call to the API that now resides in QSYS.
 Any use of the QGY*
APIs should be migrated to using the QSYS instances.

If you need to support releases prior to V5R3, and also V5R3 or later
releases, then the Retrieve
Product Information API QSZRTVPR can be used to determine what release
your application is
running on.

Hope this helps,
Bruce Vining

Dave Murvin <davem@xxxxxxxx>
03/11/2007 08:56 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Difference between QSYS/QGYOLOBJ versus QGY/QGYOLOBJ

Hello,

While trying to use one of my tool programs at a client site, it blew
up because it could not find the QGYOLOBJ API.  Upon further
checking, it appears that the QGYOLOBJ (Open List of Objects) program
has been deleted from QSYS.  I found another QGYOLOBJ program in
library QGY and by adding library QGY to my library list, my program
worked okay.

In checking QGYOLOBJ on other systems, the programs in QSYS and QGY
appear to be different when you look at the object description.  What
is the difference between the two programs and can I just create a
dup object from QGY to QSYS to make the QGYOLOBJ program available to
all users at this particular client site?

This particular client will be migrating off of this machine onto
another machine in the next 8 months or so.  Is there another option
to get this program back into QSYS?

I believe that this client is still on V5R2 and my other clients and
my machine are on V5R3 and above.

Thanks

Dave Murvin
DRM Enterprises, Inc.