Either because it's Sunday or I'm getting old, but I'm confused. I've never got an update for WDSC through PPA - I either used the updater in WDSC or downloaded through www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400 (or whatever that gets redirected to). This was true before Rational.

I don't know what is meant by the test environment - except what comes with WDSC - the updater would bring it down if need be. Again, PPA never entered the equation for me.

Also, the announcement to which you referred was for HATS - nothing to do directly with WDSC, except that the latest version installs as a plugin.

So I'm curious - do you have the advanced edition of WDSC? Then it is probably a different kettle of fish. Folks on the iSeries that have the 5722-WDS licensed product do not need PPA to update the standard edition - and probably should not do so.

This horse is almost dead - sorry to keep riding it.

Vern