Quite a while ago I put together a site at www.opensource4iseries.com that was a place to post open source links for a variety of System i related open source projects. There has never been much traffic there probably because Google does an OK job of finding links and now the systemiportal.com has a system i specific search utility that has a fairly high success rate. opensource4systemi.com relied on user submissions for it's search database.

Anyhow, to continue to keep the site useful, I expanded the "submission" piece to accommodate snippet submissions and the ability to upload files for later download. Basically it is a self service open source site to store snippets and files for other folks to use. I am working on an Eclipse plugin to parse the snippets so that you could troll the site from WDSc to grab a code snippet. Also, I plan to eventually allow access to our SVN server for projects that lend themselves more sophisticated synchronization techniques.

This is a little different from what David provides here at midrange.com for snippets in that the code snippets at midrange.com are usually used as a place to post lengthy code that submitters are having problems with. I would continue to encourage the use of the code snippet utility David has provided for that purpose.

This is a "V0.7 FBU release" (Functional But Ugly) that I plan to improve based on your feedback. If you'd like to post code snippets or upload files for others to later download, the site is available to you. Currently there is a 5mb limit on file uploads which, it if turns out to be too restrictive, I can increase (Complete DVD sets of "Lord of the Rings" or the 1st season of "24" wouldn't be a good idea). I know that there are a few sites that already host files and snippets and my only interest here is to provide easy access for those folks who don't currently have a place to share their projects.

There are 2 urls: www.opensource4iseries.com or www.opensource4 systemi.com that point to the same place. There are only a few files and snippets at the site currently so it would be great if I can get some contributions to beef up the site and make it truly useful. Send your comments and suggestions to me off list (pete at the domain valadd.com).

I hope this is useful to somebody.  Enjoy!

Pete Helgren