If QCCSID is still 65535-- which is the installation default
(non-setting)-- you might want to lose a couple hours
reading in the Infocenter about globalization and NLV
settings.  With those values and that many boxes, I'd
speculate you are in a multinational environment.

Interesting what I found, of the 8 boxes that are using
this application, all have QCCSID set to 65535.

The 5 boxes which have email working have QCHRID set
'Character ID' of 697 and 'Code Page' of 37, however the 3
not working have QCHRID set 'Character ID' of 337 and 'Code
Page' of 285.

I don't know about going so far as to say 'incorrect', but
perhaps 'incompatible' or 'mismatched'.  There's a note at
the bottom of the document you will get by doing a Support
search for 'snddst cpi9045 chrid' that gives a somewhat
cryptic explanation.

So potentially that may be a reason why we have an issue,
in a few words is it possible to explain why these
'incorrect' settings in QCHRID would have a bearing on why
the LONGMSG text is not being delivered.