IBM support for V5R2 runs out in March 07. Have you planned your upgrade
yet?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Draper
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 4:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: rack config - items not showing

Interesting.  We are on V5R2

Bryan Dietz wrote:
I seem to recall a service tools PTF that affected v5r3.  you could
not
see the dasd in the rack config or from the work with disk units
service
tools screen.  I found this and I think it is close:  be sure to read
carefully:

36. 16 May 2006 DEFECTIVE PTF(s): MF34369, MF38536, MF38576, MF39123,

                                      and/or MF39361 for V5R3M0

                                      MF35091, MF38575 and/or MF38658

                                      for V5R3M5.

                    LICENSED PROGRAM = 5722999

                    APAR NUMBER: MA33716

                    USERS AFFECTED: All i5/OS users with PTFs MF34369,

                                    MF38536, MF38576, MF39123,

                                    and/or MF39361 applied for V5R3M0.

                                    All i5/OS users with PTFs MF35091,

                                    MF38575 and/or MF38658 applied

                                    for V5R3M5.

                                    If any of the above PTFs are

                                    temporarily applied, perform the

                                    following command to remove the
PTFs:
                                    RMVPTF LICPGM (5722999) SELECT

                                    (MFXXXXX) RMV(*PERM) RMVDEP

                                    (*YES).  If any of the above PTFs
are
                                    permanently applied, a restore of
the
                                    Licensed Internal Code will be

                                    required.

                                    LIC PTFs MF34369, MF38536,
MF38576,

                                    MF35091, MF38575 and MF38658 are

                                    included in cumulative PTF Package

                                    C6101530.

                    REASON DEFECTIVE: The Work with disk unit screens

                                      under Dedicated Service Tool
(DST)

                                     and System Service Tool (SST) are

in
                                      English, not the installed
National
                                      Language Version (NLV).

                                     Under some conditions, the Work
with
                                      disk unit screens become
unusable

                                      for all languages.

                    RECOMMENDATION:The defective PTFs MUST all be
removed
                                    before applying the fixing LIC
PTFs.

                                    Apply LIC PTF MF39611 for V5R3M0.