Quoting Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I created a P-t-P connection.  When I try to connect, I get TCP83AN.

The message states that the user was not found and needs to be added to
validation list QTOCPTP via iSeries Navigator.

Wher in Navigator is this?

John McKee

I have a connection configured on the iSeries to answer that I can dial
into from a PC.  I configured that validation list from:

My Connections
iSeries server name
 Network
  Remote Access Services
   Receiver Connection Profiles

My profile then showed on the right.  I right click, click properties,
click Authentication, click Open, click Add.  OK enough to get out after
adding.

Hopefully that gets you close to what you need.
--
Sean Porterfield
--

Yesterday, I received an email from the other end of this conenction.  My
contact there sent me a link  referring to SF62386 describing pretty much the

John McKee