From: "Tom Liotta <qsrvbas" <qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "midrange-l" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 2:25 AM
Subject: Re: IFS *STMF Journal Entries...

Graap, Kenneth wrote:

I turned on journaling for the directory I am interested in specifying:
1.) Include OPEN, CLOSE and synchronization entries
2.) Journal new files and folders
3.) Journal current folder and all subfolders

I'm able to see journal entries for the IFS, but I'm having trouble
identifying the *STMF name (path).

<snip>

What do I have to do to see "real" data here instead of this stuff....

Kenneth:

I haven't seen a response and I'm not directly familiar with the
types of journal entries you might be seeing. But if they're
anything like audit journal entries caused from various IFS actions,
I suspect you'll need to review the full ESD format description and
look for columns relating to File ID and/or Parent File ID (or
something like those). They're usually towards the end of the audit
formats.

These are 16-byte binary values that need to be "resolved" through
calls to the Qp0lGetPathFromFileID API -- one of the UNIX-type APIs
in the Integrated File System APIs section. Not particularly
pleasant to master that API for an oddity or two in what the binary
value might be under some circumstances.

Maybe that helps, maybe not.

Tom Liotta