Art Tostaine, Jr. wrote:
We have secure telnet working, but we want to limit telnet connections
outside the firewall to users who have been emailed a certificate that we've
created.

We know how to create the cert.

How do we configure telnet to require it?  How do we import it to the
client?  Is it possible?  Thanks

There are many possible answers depending on exactly what you want to do
and what release level you have.  I'm taking it for granted that you are
forwarding port 992 through the firewall but not 23 (ensuring that SSL
is required from outside.)

In DCM, you can update the telnet server with "Client authentication
required" which means it will not allow SSL connections without a
trusted certificate.  You assign which CA to be trusted, and that part
is set.

On the clients, you have to have the server CA in the key database, then
you can import the certificate.  Otherwise, a pre-made kdb could be sent
to the client with instructions on where to put it and what the password
is.  This part really depends on who your clients are.