Hi Everyone,

I have an SQL view created with the following SELECT ... UNION ALL ... SELECT:

create view OBLIB/OBCOV302 as (select o3.C3INV INVNO, -- invoice number 6.0p
        o3.ORDNO ORDNO, -- order#                      6.0p
        o3.LINE# LINE#, -- order line#                 3.0p
o2.QUANO QUANO, -- quantity ordered 7.0p o3.ALLOC QUANA, -- quantity allocated 7.0p
        o3.SHIPD QUANS, -- quantity shipped            7.0p
        o3.SELLP ACTSP, -- actual item price           9.3p
        o3.S30DT SHPDT  -- shipment date                L
from OBLIB/OBCOP300 o3 join OBLIB/OBCOP200 o2 on o3.CUSNO = o2.CUSNO
                         and o3.ORDNO = o2.ORDNO
                         and o3.LINE# = o2.LINE#
   join OBLIB/OBCOP100 o1 on o3.CUSNO = o1.CUSNO
                         and o3.ORDNO = o1.ORDNO
where o1.STIME > 1 union all select o1.INVNO INVNO, -- invoice# 6.0p o2.ORDNO ORDNO, -- order# 6.0p o2.LINE# LINE#, -- order line# 3.0p
        o2.QUANO QUANO, -- quantity ordered            7.0p
        o2.QUANA QUANA, -- quantity allocated          7.0p
        o2.QUANS QUANS, -- quantity shipped            7.0p
        o2.ACTSP ACTSP, -- actual item price           9.3p
        o2.C2RDT SHPDT  -- shipment date                L
from OBLIB/OBCOP200 o2 join OBLIB/OBCOP100 o1 on o2.CUSNO = o1.CUSNO
                         and o2.ORDNO = o1.ORDNO
  where o1.STIME = 1);

When I try to copy it, here's what I get:

CPYF FROMFILE(OBCOV302) TOFILE(DMIRROR/OBCOPF302) MBROPT(*REPLACE) CRTFILE(*YES) IMPLE- UFCB is larger than expected. Internal failure occurred in query processor. Application error. CPF4204 unmonitored by QQQQUERY at statement 0000028473, instruction X'0000'. Tried to refer to all or part of an object that no longer exists. File OBCOV302 in library OBLIB member or device OBCOV302 not opened. Error opening file OBCOV302 in library OBLIB.

However, if I use SQL, a simple SELECT * FROM OBCOV302 works just fine.

As you can see, I checked the sizes of the source fields on the two SELECTs, and they all match.

Any ideas why the CPYF fails?

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050