Rob,
Thanks for the suggestions, however my program does not do the
add/rmvpfm. It seems to be part of the FTP script.

This is the script (TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC) MBR(TW030ADC) - it has not
changed since 12/2004 which is the same date for the CL :
 SENDPASV
 LS *.TXT (DISK
 MGET *.TXT (REPLACE
 MDELETE *.TXT

At first I thought it could be how the FTP client works on the new
server, however if I hadn't had another FTP log in use further down in
the CL (geez I wish I hadn't donen that!) we'd be OK. It did the add/rmv
thing on its own accord as usual.

I do a  CLRPFM     FILE(TRSFTP/LSOUTPUT) MBR(LSOUTPUT)  after the
program call in this CL that now aborts.
I had manually added the pfm yesterday afternoon. No change.

So, this morning, I did it again, and checked the authority as you
suggested. How could it change???? Anyway, changed it to *Public *All
and then ran the  CLRPFM     FILE(TRSFTP/LSOUTPUT) MBR(LSOUTPUT)
manually, just in case you were onto something.

Guess what? Same problem.

This is the joblog from run again this morning.

   2700 - CHGCURLIB CURLIB(TRSFTP)

 Current library changed to TRSFTP.

   2800 - OVRDBF FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC) MBR(TW030ADC)

   3000 - OVRDBF FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC) MBR(TW030LOG)

   3200 - FTP RMTSYS('CO_PINAL_AZ_US')

 Member LSOUTPUT removed from file LSOUTPUT in TRSFTP.

   3300 - DLTOVR FILE(INPUT OUTPUT)

   3400 - RUNQRY QRY(FTP_LOG030)

   3800 - CALL PGM(TW030ADR)

 File LSOUTPUT in library *LIBL with member *N not found.

 Error message CPF4102 appeared during OPEN for file LSOUTPUT.

 Function check. RNX1216 unmonitored by TW030ADR at statement
2100000001,
   instruction X'0000'.

 Error message CPF4102 appeared during OPEN for file LSOUTPUT (C S D
F).

The CL
              CHGJOB     LOG(4 0 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)
              ADDLIBLE   LIB(TRSFTP) POSITION(*LAST)
              CLRPFM     FILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC) MBR(TW030LOG)
              CHGCURLIB  CURLIB(TRSFTP)
              OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC) +
                           MBR(TW030ADC)
              OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC) +
                           MBR(TW030LOG)
              FTP        RMTSYS('XXXXXXX')
              DLTOVR     FILE(INPUT OUTPUT)
              RUNQRY     QRY(FTP_LOG030)
 /* -------------------------------------- */
 /* COPY UPLOADED FILES TO TW028ADW4       */
 /* -------------------------------------- */
              CALL       PGM(TW030ADR)

 /*--------------------------------------- */
 /* CLEAR FILE OF UPLOADED FILE NAMES      */
              CLRPFM     FILE(TRSFTP/LSOUTPUT) MBR(LSOUTPUT)
              RMVLIBLE   LIB(TRSFTP)
              MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2104)
PS,
My boss who has been here for over 25  years, didn't know who the IT
director is in Yuma. She knows all of the Treasurers everywhere, but not
IT, I guess.

message: 3
date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:45:41 -0500
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: FTP error

Classic example of which comes first, the chicken or the egg?
Your "normal" example does a
RMVM of member LSOUTPUT in file LSOUTPUT
Then it adds the member back.  Possibly to get a fresh member?
However, it can't handle it if the member is not there in the first
place.
I would think that a combo of RMVM and ADDPFM could be replaced by
CLRPFM.
 However, if it is not ADDPFM but some other operation that creates the

member (and cannot be specified to replace a member instead of adding a

member), then you're program needs to be able to handle a "fresh" file.

Like, a RMVM with an appropriate MONMSG.  Although RMVM doesn't have,
what
is in my mind, an appropriate MONMSG.  Instead of a "member not found"
it
is too generic.  How do you know, without further evaluation of the
joblog, if the member was not found, or if you do not have authority to

it?

So, in your case, you may have to do a one time setup of ADDPFM to get
it
to work right.

Another option is to remove the member at the END of the program
instead
of the beginning, but that may take further study.

ps:  it director of Yuma county used to work here.