We are at V5R2 and have been running FTP scripts for several years.
Today, they broke because our IT people moved our stuff from one server
to another.

The first problem was that we were not notifed of a new IP address,
hence the table in CFGTCP was not modified. Got them to fix that.

Then since I had been checking the FTP log from the OVRDBF Output to
file....... Mbr(xxxlog)  and got called away, I forgot to exit it. So,
naturally when it tried to clear it, it bombed.

So, I just had our user rerun the job. The FTP seems to be working OK.
 The log has no issues, but the joblog for the process that retrieves
from our server, bombed because the LSOUTPUT member was missing.

I asked if the server had the same configuration and O/S as the old
one. Yes, they were the same. I am getting the files from the server - a
copy is stored in a library called TRSFTP.

This is a set of normal joblog entries:
 Message . . . . :     3200 - FTP RMTSYS('CO_XXXX_XX_US')

0   01/26/07  15:58:48.830368  QDDDMBR      QSYS        01EC     QC2SYS
     QSYS        *STMT

 Message . . . . :   Member LSOUTPUT removed from file LSOUTPUT in
TRSFTP.
0   01/26/07  15:58:48.910672  QDDCPFM      QSYS        005B     QC2SYS
     QSYS        *STMT

 Message . . . . :   Member LSOUTPUT added to file LSOUTPUT in TRSFTP.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--it is added here

This is what I got this time and twice afterwards. The member was not
added back this time.
Message . . . . :     2800 - OVRDBF FILE(INPUT)
TOFILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC)
  MBR(TW030ADC)

   01/29/07  14:30:09.822160  QCADRV       QSYS        0391
TW030ADC    TRLIBOBJ    *STMT

Message . . . . :     3000 - OVRDBF FILE(OUTPUT)
TOFILE(TRSFTP/TRSFTPDOC)
  MBR(TW030LOG)

   01/29/07  14:30:09.822352  QCADRV       QSYS        0391
TW030ADC    TRLIBOBJ    *STMT
Message . . . . :     3200 - FTP RMTSYS('CO_XXXX_XXX_US')

   01/29/07  14:30:10.054048  QDDDMBR      QSYS        01EC     QC2SYS
    QSYS        *STMT
To module . . . . . . . . . :   QC2SYS

To procedure  . . . . . . . :   system

Statement . . . . . . . . . :   6

Message . . . . :   Member LSOUTPUT removed from file LSOUTPUT in
TRSFTP.
    01/29/07  14:30:10.125040  QCADRV       QSYS        0391
TW030ADC    TRLIBOBJ    *STMT

 Message . . . . :     3300 - DLTOVR FILE(INPUT OUTPUT)

    01/29/07  14:30:10.125312  QCADRV       QSYS        0391
TW030ADC    TRLIBOBJ    *STMT

 Message . . . . :     3400 - RUNQRY QRY(FTP_LOG030)

    01/29/07  14:30:10.248200  QCLCLCPR     QSYS        0404
TW030ADC    TRLIBOBJ    *STMT

 Message . . . . :     3800 - CALL PGM(TW030ADR)

 40   01/29/07  14:30:10.276792  QDMSIGNL     QSYS        0078
TW030ADR    TRLIBOBJ    *STMT

   Message . . . . :   File LSOUTPUT in library *LIBL with member *N
not found.
   Cause . . . . . :   The file was not opened.  The reason code is 06.
The
     reason codes and their meanings are as follows: 01 - The library
does not
     exist. 02 - The file does not exist.  The library does exist. 03 -
The file
     does not exist.  The library specified as *LIBL. 04 - The member
was saved
     with storage freed. 05 - The member does not exist.  The file does
exist. 06
       - The file does not have any members. 10 - The member on the
remote system

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Pinal County Treasurer's Office
Florence, AZ 85232
(520) 866-6404

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email