On 1/25/07, Trevor Perry <tperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The concept of iSociety was born for several reasons. One was to bring the
community together - what with "all" the names. Another was to provide a
marketing avenue where the community could add their ideas about the
platform. Yet another was to bring all the information together. I would
encourage you to start using http://www.systemiportal.com where you can
search, without the need to specify the name/server/family.

That way, you can stop saying AS/400 and move into the 21st century with
some of us :-)

And while there are not a ~lot~ of jobs, there are more sites where you
can
find them.
http://careercenter.common.org

Hi Trevor,

While I am no longer "looking" and I haven't checked out systemiportal.com,
I can say from experience that the midrange-jobs list and the
careercenter.common.org don't even come close to the opportunities found at
Dice.com or Monster.com or a few other localized websites.  Geez, had I
limited myself to those venues, I might be flipping burgers by now. ;-)

The problem with relying on the sites you mention is that it refuses to
acknowledge that 95% (or higher) of the people responsible for posting
opportunities are unaware of these System i-specific sites.

O.k., just looked at systemiportal.com, and I have to say I'm impressed with
the SystemiNetwork site; I'm familiar with CareerBuilder and I am surprised
that SystemiNetwork is able to generate the results they've got.  The filter
I used with CareerBuilder gave me 90% junk, totally non-AS/400 related.

COMMON's site still has very limited listings.  Search400's link to Monster
offers no benefits over just going to Monster.com.

- Dan