To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: no more cume dvd via sndptford?

  Whine Whine! There ain't nothun better in the PTF space than Image
Catalogs! Nuthin! I just use an FTP script on Frankie that pulls down the PTFs into the IFS. Seriously the best thing since the beginning of i-time.
  Nearly every time I talk to people who are still using CDs and DVDs it's
the same old 'We've always done it that way.' (Gosh it hurts just to type
  that!)  Bandwidth is cheap. Get some. Download them at home if you have
  to. Use your neighbors DSL, your fathers Cable-Modem, or the company
  OC-12!

  Seriously get some bandwidth. Forget the plastic. Get image catalogs one
way or another. They are faster, less errors, faster, easier, faster, more
  portable, and faster. You can do PTFs remotely, even entire OS upgrades
  and never touch the box. And did I mention they were faster?

    - Larry