Dan,

The concept of iSociety was born for several reasons. One was to bring the community together - what with "all" the names. Another was to provide a marketing avenue where the community could add their ideas about the platform. Yet another was to bring all the information together. I would encourage you to start using http://www.systemiportal.com where you can search, without the need to specify the name/server/family.

That way, you can stop saying AS/400 and move into the 21st century with some of us :-)

And while there are not a ~lot~ of jobs, there are more sites where you can find them.
http://careercenter.common.org

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan"
Subject: Re: What's in a name?

Me, I still use AS/400.

I feel sorry for any AS/400 / iSeries / Series I / i5 professional that's
searching for a job these days.  Last time I looked, you could only find
AS400, and maybe a smattering of iSeries.  No i5, no Series I.
Some sites puke trying to find AS/400 with the slash in it; search for AS400
and you'll miss the ones that use AS/400.

Of course, it's probably a bit easier if you're only looking for a job as an RPG programmer. I dunno, tho, how many jobs are there for Role Playing Game
programmers?

- Dan