The PIE program has been around for many years. The latest initiative
with the college in Nebraksa? Kansas? is new. Seems like they're going
great guns. In my experience it wasn't the lack of systems or
curriculum or instructors - it was the lack of students. Colleges are
not enthusiastic in providing classes for a small number of students,
especially when they can use the same classrooms and instructors to
teach classes that draw a lot of students.