An alternative is to use a PC as your console either via Ops
Console, or by sticking a 5250 card into it and using a
simple emulation program (NOT ISERIES ACCESS).  Then you
could take control of this PC by using PC Anywhere, or some
such solution, from home.  I've never done this but there are
those on this list who have done so.

This is what I do, via ops console direct attached serial cable to COM1.  My
work PC has the console session up at all times.  From home I use PC
Anywhere to my work PC.  Then I can enter restricted state and IPL to my
hearts content, all from the comfort of my family room while watching
football on TV and sipping a cold one.