Hi Trevor

Figures, schmigures. quotes, schmotes

I know how many new installs I'm doing let alone upgrades.

the fact is I would not advise any 18 year old to bet his/her career on i.

We can't go forward till we admit where we are.

Regards
Evan Harris

07, you wrote:

Or, you could be more positive, and say this was not the 18% drop from
Q42005.

When I was in Australia in October, the local IBMers were telling me that
they are not selling fewer servers - in fact, there is some growth. I see
some of that happening here in the US, as well. What is dropping is revenue,
not the numbers of servers. We already know there has to be a change in the
way the systems are marketed, configured, and priced, but it cannot happen
overnight. Personally, I think 2007 will be an exciting year for System i.
Momentum is building.

Have some iPatience. We have a lot of negative marketing to overcome and a
lot of backward thinking from within that needs to change. And, not all of
us are TPM groupies - most of us think for ourselves. Progress is being
made, regardless of the financials.