more bad news on the system i sales front. For the 5th quarter in a row, sales
dropped.

4q05 -18
1q06 -22
2q06 -7
3q06 -22
4q06 -10
http://www.ibm.com/investor/4q06/4q06earnings.phtml

yet Herring and Jarman, the two IBM execs I think are most responsible for the
over pricing and under powering of the system i, retain their jobs.

http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh010807-story01.html

"...When I spoke to Jim Herring, director of System i product management and
business operations (he does the technology side), and Ian Jarman, product
manager of the System i product line (he does the marketing side), in late
December, the timing of the Power6-based servers and future i5/OS V5R5 release
was not made any more clear. I am not sure why, but I think one reason is that
the Power6 chip is about six to nine months behind schedule ..."

"...Neither Herring nor Jarman wanted to talk all that much about one of my
favorite topics since October: user-based pricing for the System i line. Both
said that they had read the analysis I had put together with great interest,
but did not endorse my way of thinking very enthusiastically. ..."

-Steve