On 19/01/07, Walden H. Leverich <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I think if I had the
>option of moving all these folders into a new folder and shared that
new
>folder I could get what I want but some folders I can't move.

But you should be able to create symlinks in a new folder that point to
each of the 13 folders in the IFS and then share that new folder. You
should even be able to secure the symlinks so ITS can follow all of
them, but users can only follow the appropriate ones.

The symlinks[1] should pick up the authority of the real object they
point to. I just looked at a similar setup we have, and adding new
symbolic links gives the right permissions without any further work. I
use them to make various IFS directories available from the web
server, with a common parent directory and that works well. I tried
browsing from Windows Explorer and the first one I tried choked it. It
worked okay after a reboot - probably just one of those things.

Regards, Martin
[1] ADDLNK OBJ('/path/to/real/share') NEWLNK('/path/to/new/share')
LNKTYPE(*SYMBOLIC)