IBM has finally fixed a long outstanding bug when a member is copied with
CPYSRCF.
The V5R4 PTF is SI25844
The V5R3 PTF is SI25796

CORRECTION FOR APAR SE27355 :
   CPYSRCF will change to allow the Source Change Date to be the
   same when the MBROPT is *REPLACE, or a new member is added. In
   other words:
   1) If CPYSRCF creates a new member or if MBROPT(*REPLACE) is
   specified, we will preserve the FROMMBR last source change date.
   2) If CPYSRCF does not create a new member and MBROPT(*ADD) is
   specified, we will update the last source change date.

This source file shows the effects of the change.
I copied XXCVOTHERS to ZZCVOTHERS prior to applying the PTF.
It set the source change date to the current date 2007/01/18
I copied XXCVPETERS to ZZCVPETERS after applying the PTF.
It left the source change date as 2001/03/22

                           Work with Members Using PDM                 DPS

 File  . . . . . .   QCLSRC
   Library . . . .     SSPYPJ               Position to  . . . . .

 Type options, press Enter.
  2=Edit         3=Copy  4=Delete 5=Display       6=Print     7=Rename
  8=Display description  9=Save  13=Change text  14=Compile  15=Create module...

 Opt  Member      Date        Text
      XXCVOTHERS  03/23/01    Convert other companies
      XXCVPETERS  03/22/01    Convert Peters
      ZZCVOTHERS  01/18/07    Convert other companies
      ZZCVPETERS  03/22/01    Convert Peters

Neil Palmer, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

(This account not monitored for personal mail,
remove the last two letters before @ for that)