At 04:06 AM 1/17/2007, Michael Ryan  wrote:
What are you going to do with the data? Execute a program? In other
words, do you want to send some data and then have something happen? I
might recommend data queues for this. Easy to set up, free, pretty
darn reliable. Have a program at each end that processes queue entries
and does stuff with the data.

I think the EDI process on the 520 will just map data to a Lawson file format for incoming EDI orders, which I "assume" will be on the 550. Not sure yet what the process will be for outgoing EDI conformations - Information would have to come from the 550 somehow. I should know more details in the not too distant future.

Varsity shipping package on 520 will need to receive the carton information (weight, size, send to address, etc.) from the 550 and return the shipping charge to the 550 for the customer order.

DDM is always a possibility. Then you're writing/reading a file. Is it
important to keep the data on the other system? If not, I probably
wouldn't use DDM files.

The rules are "no package modifications", so that was why I was thinking DDM. Lawson package runs on the 550 and the Varsity Shipping package and EDI run on the 520.