Alan,

Try this:

CRTLF FILE(QTEMP/PHYSFILE) SRCFILE(PRODUCTION/QDDSSRC) DTAMBRS(*ALL)

HTH,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alan Shore <AlanShore@xxxxxxxx>
01/11/07 01:05 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Creating a physical AND Logical file

Hello everyone
IIIIII'MMMMMM baaack
Okay - due to auditing constraints and other things, I am not allowed to
use CRTDUPOBJ
So - I am trying the suggestion put forth by Clyde, and I am having
problems
I am creating a physical file in QTEMP

CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/PHYSFILE) SRCFILE(PRODUCTION/QDDSSRC) SRCMBR(PHYSFILE)

and I can populate this file no problem

Then when I create the logical

CRTLF FILE(QTEMP/LOGFILE) DTAMBRS((QTEMP/PHYSFILE))
The logical file gets created but with NO member
The error that occurs is
File PHYSFILE in QTEMP on DTAMBRS not valid.
An F1 on this message shows
 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF7356       Severity . . . . . . . :   30
 Message type . . . . . :   Information
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   01/11/07      Time sent  . . . . . . :
13:58:48
 Message . . . . :   File SLSCOMP in QTEMP on DTAMBRS not valid.
 Cause . . . . . :   File SLSCOMP in library QTEMP on the DTAMBRS
parameter
is
   not valid. The physical files on the DTAMBRS parameter must match the
   physical files on the PFILE or JFILE keywords in the DDS for the
logical
   file. In addition, the physical file names cannot be specified more
often on
   the DTAMBRS parameter than on the PFILE or JFILE keywords in the DDS
for
the
   logical file.
 Recovery  . . . :   Change the DTAMBRS parameter so the file names match
the
   names on the PFILE or JFILE keywords in the DDS for the logical file.
Then
   try the request again.
 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   If a library name was not
specified
   for the physical files on the PFILE or JFILE keywords in the DDS for
the
logical file, the library list (*LIBL) was used to find the physical
files.
The physical files specified on the DTAMBRS parameter must match the
physical files found in the library list.

The name on the DDS is PHYSFILE - so right now I am drawing a blank on
this

ANY help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

midrange-l-bounces+alanshore=nbty.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/10/2007
12:02:23 PM:

Use the command:

CRTLF FILE(QTEMP/LOGFILE) DTAMBRS((QTEMP/PHYSFILE))

Clyde