Our reading of the documentation and testing of the sFtp product in the
PASE environment is that no password is used. Where are you entering the
password? We've tried running the SFTP command from an interactive QP2TERM
session but haven't gotten an opportunity to enter a password when the
partner is processing the sftp login.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283  ext. 479

Jerry Draper <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/10/2007 01:17 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: looking for SFTP utility

I have implemented the sFTP/PASE product based on the key exchange
system and it works well.  The userid and pw system is interactive.
Perhaps this could be automated by piping.  I haven't tried it but it
wouldn't really be safe as the pw's would be available in text files.

Jerry

smorrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We are setting up a new trading partner and are interested in locating a

product for the System i that can do SFTP using both a userID/password
and
key exchange.  We are aware of the SFTP product available within the
PASE
product, but that doesn't allow use of a userID/password and key
exchange.
Our partner is insistent on using both measures.

Thanks for any pointers,
Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express