From: Trevor Perry

I was assured it was you who opposed the SOA sessions that were
specifically cancelled. I was told all SOA sessions were cancelled.
Apparently someone lied.

You're awfully sweet in suggesting that I have the power to overrule the
entire board of Omni <grin>.  Rest assured that all decisions on the board
are made as a whole.  Whoever "assured" you was yanking your chain, and
evidently quite successfully.

I am glad you are having SOA represented at OMNI. I am rather disappointed
that after your words to me at devcon about how SOA should be represented,
you are now having IBM's perspective on SOA as the only one you chose.
Especially after you agreed with my assertion that IBM uses SOA to sell
Websphere,

Actually, I'm less worried about WHO talks about SOA as to WHAT they talk
about.  We've basically been hearing the exact same 50,000 foot buzzword
speech for several years now; it's time to start actually putting these
things into practice, which our sessions will cover.

and you expressed thanks for the neutral way I approached SOA.

I guess THAT particular olive branch was a wasted effort <smile>.

Your past outcries against SOA don't fit with using IBM as the correct
representation of SOA.

My "outcries against SOA" amount to not wanting to hear any more blue-sky
theory.  SOA without implementation details is as satisfying as EDI without
specifications.  In fact, we already have that... it's called Web Services!

And using an IBM Websphere speaker for SOA is confusing..

Again, what we're doing is what we ALWAYS do at Omni: we provide sessions
and speakers heavily weighted towards specific technical implementation
details.  We've always used IBM speakers, and always will, and Leonardo is
the guy.  Whom would you have recommended?

Joe