Sheri -

On my 170 when the Ethernet cable is disturbed, all TCP/IP traffic goes down. If there's no message in QSYSOPR, you can try the old ENDTCP then STRTCP. Over the years, there has been a couple time where that didn't work and had to do an IPL. Needless to say, we are very careful around the ethernet cables and switch. Hope that helps.

- Joe

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:47:34 -0500
from: Rich Loeber <rich@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: TCP goes down

Sheri,

I've seen this happen when the cable connection is disturbed or the router (or
hub) it is connected to looses power for a very short time.  The first place
I've learned to look is at the QSYSOPR message queue.  If there is an error
there, then a simple 'R' to retry gets you back on track (assuming that the
physical problem has been corrected).

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems
http://www.kisco.com