I am talking completely and solely about Windows as a
server replacement for iSeries.

I was going to let this thread go... Really I was. But since you make a
point of saying you're referring to SERVER windows, let's look again at
your example of how bad Windows is:

Of the 10 vulnerabilities on the SANS site:

The 1st applies to W2KSP4 and XPSP2. So unless you're running a 6-year
old OS version who cares. And IF you do care, since it's an RPC request
why would you be allowing those against your server anyway.

The 2nd refers to a string passed to the MessageBox function. So, unless
you're downloading stuff from the web, or reading email, ON YOUR SERVER
who cares!

The 3rd refers to a problem on the MAC! This has what to do w/windows?

The 4th, 5th, 6th & 10th are Office issues. Why would you run office on
a SERVER?

The 7th refers to an issue in a 6 year old OS. Still running W2K? OK,
still running V4R2?

The 8th refers to a problem that would occur in a client app -- again,
why on a server?

The 9th refers to a problem in XP -- again, not a server issue.

So.... Bottom line, NOT A SINGLE ONE of these issue is even an issue on
a current Windows server. Joe, try again.

-Walden

PS. Happy new year!!!