From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Cawthon
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 11:47 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Annoying default library behavior in interactive SQL

Earlier this evening I wrote...

Somehow I have managed to make interactive SQL forget how to use the
library list to find a file.  For example:
   SELECT * FROM SOMEFILE
elicits the following response:
   SOMEFILE in CMIDEV type *FILE not found.

Thanks to Joe & Brian for their quick replies.  I've tried just about
every combination of settings on the F13, opt 1 "Change Session
Attributes" screen, with no luck.

However, I have discovered an odd twist to this issue:

This only happens on my first interactive SQL session.  The second and
subsequent concurrent interactive SQL sessions work as I would expect.

I've tried using F13, opt 3 "Remove all entries from current session"
in the hope that would clear out whatever was causing this.  Nope.

For fun (read: out of desperation), I dumped my ISQLST* system objects
as explained in
    http://www.centerfieldtechnology.com/asktheexpert_viewquestions.asp#Q99
I dug through the resulting >1000-page spooled file and didn't see
anything very exciting.  There were some instances of the strings
"CMIDEV" and "cmidev", but they were in some boring SQL statements I
entered and in many copies of that darned error message quoted above.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
David Cawthon