     To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     From: "albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
     Date: 12/26/2006 03:52PM
     Subject: 5722JV1 option 6 required for Digital Certificate setup -
     another way yet?

     Hi all,

     I know this question has been asked in the past for previous OS releases
     I am curious as to if it has changed at all in more recent versions.  Is
     only way to administer Digital Certificates still through DCM (i.e.
     HTTP server) using the browser?

     Just had a customer today needing to setup their default certificate
     (i.e. *SYSTEM) and it turns out the necessary components for *ADMIN HTTP
     server weren't installed.  So now he has to go through the motions of
     definitely a bummer that IBM requires 5722JV1 option 6 to be installed
     to work with Digital Certificates.  Even if I could only do it through
     iSeries Navigator that would be better (in some cases).

     Thanks for any input,
     Aaron Bartell
     http://mowyourlawn.com- Check out the new RPG Chart Engine!