I have to move an i5 520 a few miles and I looking for suggestions on how to accomplish this task.

I haven't heard that disk drives need to be locked down prior to a move for a long time. Necessary?

Jerry

Here's my short list:

.       Confirm with IBM any considerations with regard to moving i5 520.

.       Label all cables connected to i5 520 (can be done prior to move day).

. Prepare a set of testing criteria for user groups to assure the system is operating property after the move. . Confirm that any outside partners know that the system will be non-operational so that no one tries (and fails) to communicate with i5 520. . Perform a complete system backup the night before the move; do not allow any further processing to occur after the full system backup

Moving Day
Task
.       If active, stop monitors of i5 520.
.       cause a controlled end all active systems
.       Power off i5 520:  PWRDWNSYS IMMED RESTART(*NO)
.       Remove all labeled cables in preparation for move.
. Carefully move i5 520 to new location using pullies, dollies, old boxes, roller logs, etc., and van.
.       Locate i5 520 at new location
.       Connect all labeled cables
. Press the “power on” button on the front panel to start the IPL sequence. . After the IPL completes normally sign on system and perform basic verification of system integrity.
.       Turn system over to users for further system verification tests.