Trevor Perry wrote:

Besides, the System i is the INTEGRATION server. And, if we can run their applications faster in PASE than they can run native on their server, why would we NOT bring it over here? IBM brought Notes over to PASE first, and it was way faster. Then they moved it to native. Why is that a bad thing?

And, isn't it a GOOD idea to run it on the i - then we CAN replace all the other "crud" servers?

So what if they call it "native" - it helps our world domination.

Generally agreed.

Perhaps more importantly, I've heard (from "reliable sources" but no direct evidence) that some native services have actually been running in 'PASE' for some time, even before PASE was made available to us. Parts of TCP/IP itself were mentioned. If so, then the concept of 'native' needs to be better defined before we decide what's good and what's bad about it.

Anybody have solid evidence out there?

Tom Liotta