From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richter,Steve
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:44 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: The One Percent Club

-----Original Message-----
From: Holden Tommy [mailto:Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:30 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

<snip>
good for IBM, not good for those running i5/OS ( no improvements planned
for i5/OS ) </snip>

Did we read the same article?

I didn't see anywhere in the link provided earlier that stated i5/OS
would not have any more improvements.  I did see that Frank said that
HE considered i5/OS as more of an application environment than an OS
but that's a far cry from saying the OS wouldn't have any improvements.

Tommy, ITJungle is reporting no new release of i5/OS in 2007 and Dr
Frank in this interview talks up i5/OS as a better way to run Linux and
AIX.  I guess it does not matter much. Either the i5 matches the
price/performance of the p5 or we are done.  It is interesting that
i5/OS, AIX and Linux appear to be done feature wise while MSFT continues
to pile on the improvements to Windows.

-Steve