From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 1:54 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Saving the System i: Fight Rather Than Switch

Aaron,

Wouldn't using the iSeries Command Log in WDSC accomplish the same thing?

Kind regards,

Brian

On 12/15/06, albartell <albartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just so everybody knows where I stand, I have been using WDSC since
the 4.0 days.  I ONLY use SEU if a clients machine just won't work
with WDSC.

Note that I stated I compiled my programs by doing an F9 and ENTER
meaning I typed it in on the command line and was not using PDM.

After using WDSC for many years I have gained perspective that doesn't
have candy coating on it (or at least not nearly as much).  I can
leverage and justify it in my daily programming.  I know certain
features that aren't up to par for quick app development, and that
often times heads me back to the command line.

I would like to know where Trevor was going with his statements
because it seems he is still in the candy coated phase of thinking
WDSC should ONLY be used in ALL cases.

Aaron Bartell