Hard for me to tell what you're using and what you're not.  I think if you
are using "partitioned" tables in SQL you may be in a world of hurt if you
delete that first one.  You'd have to read a more recent version of the
sql reference (V5R4, maybe V5R3) to find out what partitioned tables are.
Mostly, it's a cool way to have SQL automatically determine which member
of a multimember file to stick new data in.  Sort of like "if the year of
this date field is this, put it in this member".

The second one shouldn't be eating up a whole lot of space.  Our VP,IT
uses a TM to view the status of all servers, i5's and otherwise.  Cool to
see, from one client window, when any server in the network is getting to
disk threshold, etc.

Like Barb's example of standing on a step ladder to get closer to the
moon.  For disk stuff I'd always start out with the RTVDSKINF and
PRTDSKINF *SYS combo.  Then again, I have a machine maxxed out in number
of drives and the size of drives it supports, and maximum expansion, and I
may be picking nits before too long myself.  Really helps that the GD
email grows a flipping GB/day.